Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Neon Green Pasta Delight

I have a confession to make. I kind of don't like green salads. I don't hate salads, but they are not usually something I want to eat. My husband eats way more salad than me. I believe in the health benefits of eating greens however, and greens can be pretty tasty when added to non-salad dishes. As an avid Pinterester, I am always looking for recipe ideas that allow me to eat more greens without having to choke down salads all the time. A while ago, I found a recipe for kale pesto which lead me to a giant 'aha' moment. I can just put my salad in the blender and pour it on pasta! Mix those greens with lemon, tons of garlic, and a little Parmesan and it is a win every time. The greens are still raw, so I get those health benefits. It is also quick. The meal takes me about 15 minutes to make. I can make a ton at a time, and it tastes good hot or cold. Win, win, win!!!

You know you are healthy when your food is naturally neon green. Am I right? There is a whole bag of salad in last night's dinner.



xoxo,

Megan Hayne

No comments:

Post a Comment