Thursday, March 23, 2017

Collaborative Marketing


“So we are in competition.” This statement dropped so quickly from the man sitting across the table from me as soon as I said I worked in marketing. Immediately I bristled, “I guess...If that's how you want it.” I quickly retorted. I instantly wished I had said something more thoughtful, but blamed my feeling of shock. I had come to the Freelancer's Union event expecting the same camaraderie I felt for everyone in that room.

I have met a lot of marketing professionals throughout my career, and never have felt that any one of us was in competition. In fact, I am always amazed by the fact that every marketer brings something unique. We marketers are real snowflakes.


Furthermore, some of the best marketing campaigns that I have seen lately, have come from collaboration. From Seth Godin being interviewed by fellow marketing professional Debbie Millman, to Jordan Watson and Aureta Thomollari setting the marketing trends in the art world, collaborative marketing is pure gold. Personally, some of the best work I have done has come from bouncing ideas around with friends and family.


Let's challenge ourselves in whatever profession we dwell, if we find ourselves feeling that someone is the competition, let's stop. Let's instead ask ourselves how we can collaborate. Imagine the impact we could make if we creatives all worked together!

xoxo,

Megan Hayne

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Collaboration does lead to success. If we work together, we all succeed.

    ReplyDelete